Bend’s north side is slated to go through major changes in the coming years as part of the Community-supported Growth Plan. One of the main challenges in developing Bend’s north side is sewer capacity. The current system is not built to handle expanding business and housing developments and needs to be upgraded.
The North Interceptor Sewer Line is a large diameter sewer transmission line that allows the City to decommission pump stations and increase sewer capacity as part of the Community-supported Growth Plan.
The North Interceptor Sewer Line project is broken up into three distinct Phases, and within Phase II there are 3 “segments” that are delineated for construction purposes:
- Phase I runs from the Water Reclamation Facility west to Pioneer Loop at the North Unit Main Canal
- Phase II runs from Pioneer Loop west to Clausen Road
- Segment 1 – Pioneer Loop to City-owned Juniper Ridge property
- Segment 2 – City-owned Juniper Ridge property
- Segment 3 – BNSF railroad, across HWY 97, to Clausen Road
- Phase III runs from Clausen Road to O.B. Riley Road